There is no way to deal with data processing in daily business without coming across document and mobile capture. But when exactly is an investment in the proposed solution of smart data capture profitable – or even essential? And how do the applications wield influence over following processes once the initial handling has been completed? A compact overview with all the relevant information is provided in trade group Bitkom’s significant guidelines.
Write an email rather than a letter; send a WhatsApp rather than an email: What has become prevalent in the private sphere has not yet been established in the professional environment. Despite a strong increase in digitized communication forms, very few enterprises have experienced a reduction in the quantity of paper. In fact, the opposite is the case: The overall view shows increased paper consumption while the digital data volume evidentially records an exponential growth. Big data resounds throughout the world. Whether digital or analogue, we all have to cope with a rising amount of information and face snowballing expectations as to fast and exact release orders. A formidable challenge, but not unsolvable. Automated smart data capture helps businesses across industrial sectors to master this difficulty.
What do you achieve with document capture?
Using various software technologies, smart solutions for data capture can collect and process digital and analogue figures in order to be of service to business operations. Documents can be converted into searchable contents and indexed to downstream applications, enabling users to call up desired data at any time.
Successful automated data capture requires the software to have access to all the resources within a company, from printed paper documents to any existing digital channel. Furthermore, it should comprehend a broad variety of records. Structured data (documents following the same pattern, such as slips) are set apart from semi-structured data (documents following different patterns but with similar information, such as invoices) as well as unstructured data (such as emails).
Given the above-mentioned points, automated data capture provides substantial value:
- Improved data capture and processing: Data capture happens comprehensively and with great accuracy. As a result, businesses achieve greater knowledge and transparency across all divisions, standardization of processing and transmitting information, as well as detailed planning procedures and control mechanisms.
- Fewer errors: Routine procedures such as indexing, filing or allocating scanned documents are accomplished automatically. The number of manual errors will experience a drastic reduction.
- Cutting costs: Fewer errors lead to lower costs. Moreover, document capture reduces the quantity of paper being used. In the long term, instead of putting manual effort into handling simple routine jobs, employees can attend to more demanding tasks.
- Compliance with legal requirements: All business-related documents can be saved permanently and standardized to meet legal requirements.
Uprated staff satisfaction: Modern work equipment, easier and faster retrieval of information and paper quantity reduction can significantly increase staff motivation.
- Optimized customer service: Comprehensive, fast and accurate information positively affects customer satisfaction. Irrespective of the quantity of incoming information, automated applications are considered a highly rated solution for one reason: Thanks to an automated workflow, fewer errors occur as error probability decreases. Just keep one thing in mind: Successful data processing can only be realized by an initial evaluation of the current state, financial review and a close examination of all appreciable procedures.